Sasayu – Finlandia
– 1 L of chicken stock
– 1 package of broken spaghetti (350 g)
– Herbs (thyme, rosemary and basil)
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 big onion, minced
– 1/2 cup of frozen peas
– 1/2 cup of shrimp
– 1/2 cup of small squid (cut in rings)
– Olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– Parmesan cheese
– 2 chilies (optional)
How it’s made:
– Stock was made by boiling tip of wings for 30 min with the herbs, put some salt and pepper. You can also make the stock with other chicken leftover or substitute with instant stock.
– In a pan with medium high heat, put around 2 tsp of olive oil, and pan fry the spaghetti. Stir constantly until it becomes golden brown and a bit crispy at the edges. It will take around 10-15 minutes.
– Add the onion and garlic. Saute the mixture for around 1-2 min.
– Add the stock 1/2 cup at a time. When the liquid is absorbed and thickened, add the stock again until the pasta become al-dente.
– While adding halfway of the stock, add the shrimp and squid. Keep stirring the mixture and make sure the seafood is not raw.
– Add the peas near to the end of cooking as it takes little time to cook them.
– When all the liquid is absorbed and pasta is tender, turn the heat off. Add the grated parmesan cheese and mix everything. Serve and enjoy:)