Lani – Kona, Hawaii
6 September 2013
We drove to the train station and parked the car, then we took the relatively short train from Treviso-Venice. It’s nice to be able to get around and not have to think about parking.
We spent the whole day in Venice. I’ve been dreaming of visiting Venice for a long time, and now my dream is about to come true! When I got off from the train, I immediately felt the warm, sunny weather. Yes, I’m in Venice now! It is crowded, of course, with tourist from all over the world.
(2) farmers market in Venice, fresh vegetables and fruit too
(3) the vendors
(4) fresh seafood
(5) peppers, we call this type of pepper cabai rawit in Indonesian. Very beautiful arrangement.
No wonder, Venice is known as a water city, because basically water is everywhere, and people use all kinds of boats, with or without engines. Both people and freight are transported by boat. For example, I saw household appliances being delivered on a boat, they then can park wherever they need to deliver the goods.
It’s interesting to me how many boats there are, because the canal isn’t wide enough for all the traffic.
(6) The buildings surrounding by water
(7A) The famous Rialto bridge in Venice
(8) more water
(9) a nude woman sculpture without arms
(10) this picture taken when we toured the town by boat
(10A) This is our boat, that we use to cross to the other side, look like a Gondola doesn’t it?
(11) several covered Gondola
(12) the canal between two buildings
Finally, I saw a Gondola but I didn’t take it because it’s so touristic.
(13) This is Gondola cruising through the canal
(13A) another Gondola with a couple in it
But, I got the chance to take a picture with the Gondola driver.
(14) The Gondola driver uniform reminded me of the prison uniforms used in Indonesia, black and white stripes.
(15) another vendor in one of the corner in Venice. They’re selling many kinds of masks. They’re unique, and colorful.
I did enjoy Venice. It’s nice and it’s fun to walk around, up and down the bridge. It’s heaven for people who love shopping because stores are everywhere, some with brand name merchandise.
We took the train back to Treviso, got home, took a shower and quickly went out again for a party. It’s a September party. One of Cristina’s friends daughter was performing. She is 18 years old, multi-lingual, solo singer, and has a good voice too.
I believe,I was the only Asian at the party, all the other people were Italian.
Cristina introduced me to so many of her friends. I don’t remember any of their names, only the person whom I had met before, Daniela. This is the only picture taken from this party night.
(16) I don’t remember the guy’s name. L-R Cristina, me, and Daniela. You can see in the distance behind us is the hall where the party was held.
To be continued…