Sasayu – Jakarta
– 4 medium size potato, cut into cubes
– 2 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cups of cauliflower
– 2 stalks of celery, chopped
– 2 stalks of spring onion, chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 2-3 cubes of chicken broth, diluted in 5 cups of water.
– 250 mL low fat cream
– pinch of dry thyme and rosemary
– salt and pepper to taste
How it’s made:
1. In a large pot, sautee the onion, celery, spring onion, and garlic until soft and fragrant. Add the chopped potatoes, cauliflower, chicken broth and the dry herbs. Simmer until tender (around 15-20 minutes)
2. Using a handblender or blender, puree the soup until smooth. Add the cooking cream, season with salt and pepper and garnish with spring onions, celery or croutons. You can also add other toppings such as parmesan cheese, crispy bacon, or shredded chicken.
Serve 5-6 people